lunes, enero 15, 2007

Arrival to Kuala Lumpur

Sorry its been months since my last update... finally I got some spare time to write so I will try to keep the blog up to date as much as I can!

Let me tell a bit about my story here...
On October 6, 2006 I moved to Kuala Lumpur for work. Surprisingly, I arrived here just on my birthday, and that became a really wonderful present!

Totally different from my sweet hometown in Spain, Kuala Lumpur is a quite modernized city, with two main impressive constructions that no tourist should miss: the Twin Towers (Petronas towers, KLCC), and the KL Tower (Menara KL).
KLCC is a huge shopping and business center, facing one of the biggest parks in KL. The park itself has a mosque, a swimmingpool area for children and a nice walking tour where people can even do jogging.
Menara KL, the communication tower, is also nice to visit and not too far from KLCC, just walking distance. At the top of the tower there is a sightseeing spot where you can enjoy beautiful views from all around KL!
There is also a nice restaurant on the top floor but my budget is not as good as to have a dinner there yet hahaha...lol

The arrival to KL was very interesting. The driver of the company came to pick me up at the airport and my first impression when I was arriving near KL was that there was a lot of traffic jam!
On that day it was friday evening and all cars want to go around the city center to go out and enjoy the weekend.
I clearly remember how slow the car moved forward even when the traffic signal lights were GREEN... it was very surprising for me and since that day I decided not to take a car and live near by the office so that I can walk everyday and avoid the traffic jams!

Kuala Lumpur seems a nice place to live and so far I am enjoying my stay here. Its not as chaotic as Bangkok even we also have traffic jams here, and of course not too crowded. People is very friendly and they speak to you on the street quite often even they dont know who you are.

I will be introducing more topics about Malaysia and Kuala Lumpur, my daily life, my trips and events in the blog.

I hope all you my friends keep reading from time to time! I am sorry and apologize to all my friends because since i came to KL i dont have much time to write emails, so I thought on writing on a blog and at least all of you can know how am I doing more regularly.

Keep in touch then, see you on the next post!