sábado, julio 14, 2007

Freedom

I like to take photos. Wherever I go, I usually bring my camera to take some snapshots. I like to captivate face expressions, daily life or people passing by, their work, but also nature, a nice sunset on the beach or mountain, buildings, temples, modern life as well as ruins.




My camera is digital, I bought a standard model and I am thinking that it would be nice to switch to a professional one. I am not a professional, I have no idea about photography, but I still enjoy taking pictures as part of my hobbies and would love someone to teach me how to take professional photos!


Basically I like to observe, to see people walking around, wherever I go I am often fascinated to see how every single human being has its own life, work, attitude, friends, values in life.


Once I was walking around in Shinjuku station in Tokyo. I got completely lost trying to find the proper exit at a pick hour, and I still remember how crowded the station was in every single direction I took in the corridors! The station is simply amazing, it has several levels of depth and sections, so many subway and train lines...


When I stopped by to check the proper direction and realized I was simply one more human among them, among all this crowd, I felt how amazing life is and how difficult it would be to know all these people in depth, what they do, why they were there at the same timing.


I had a similar feeling when some months ago I was going to attend the Thaipussam festival in Malaysia. The trains to go to the Batu Caves were really crowded, but at that time I felt easier since I knew people was going to attend the festival, so at least we had something in common! :).


When you become aware that in such crowded places people around you has all different lifes and thoughts, the feeling of human being is on one side minimized when you think of your own person at the same time its greatly expanded when you think of humans as a global being.

It's amazing when, observing all these people, you imagine that even they look so different and busy, we kind of share same things, information, timing, situations, feelings. And then you feel that you are just a small part of this world.

Sometimes I wish I could get to know all of these people in depth, what they think, who they are.
But since this would be an impossible mission, I try to captivate their expressions by observing, taking photographs of people walking around, buildings, anything that can let me feel how people life is and how life is being lived different in every place at a different timing.




I wish I could see everything in this world, I wish I could feel all the nature healing me after an exhausting day, enjoy daylight and night moon, mountains, rivers, waterfalls, trees, sand, wherever I go, I can find freedom enough to feel and see how life goes on in every single detail.




No particular photos to display today, I just selected some to accompany the text... also I have opened the blog to public access so now everybody can post comments without any need of registration.



As every of us are different, these comments are also free, even I don't know who you are, we might have just passed through walking in the street somewhere. Opening the blog to public comments is also a good way to know people, so
feel free to post any comment, as long as it doesn't harm anyone :). Enjoy the freedom!