viernes, agosto 10, 2007

When dreams could be true

It's been a while since my last post... I am so sorry for not being able to write for such a long time. Work has kept me busy lately and also been feeling sick by food poisoning in KL haha... but now completely recovered again and ready to get some inspiration to write :)

Since not so many things happened lately, today I want to write about some dreams I have had in the past that I still remember these days. Sometimes we are able to remember meaningful dreams, sometimes just the silly ones... haha. I invite you all to write about any kind of dream you remember and was important for you.

Well I had this dream over one and a half or two years ago. At that time I was still in Spain, and my personal situation was quite uncertain about work and life.



My dream started walking nearby the entrance of a temple. The temple was located in the mountain and it was not like a chinese type of temple with all red colours, but a kind of more relaxed one, I would even say "a japanese style" temple or dojo, a small wooden house with a private garden with green plants and stones in almost a top of the mountain.


There was nobody in the surroundings but me, and I felt from the outside that it was a quite peaceful location.


When I got into the area, I tried to look inside through the walls in order to find the person who I wanted to speak to. But there seemed to be a group of people in the small garden sitting and discussing, and I did not want to interfere their conversation with my presence, so I just kept observing for a while and looking at the surroundings.


In my quietness, a monk came to me and asked me to wait.


- "I want to see the Buda", I said.

- "I am sorry the Buda is busy now, you can't see him, please wait for a while", he replied in a very polite way.


A few seconds later he turned back and walked in to the small wooden house.

Finally the people who was sitting in the garden discussing with Buda stand up and left, and then Buda was alone in the garden. I took off my shoes and walked in.

I never expected I would meet or speak to Buda in the dream. I myself was surprised about this dream,... anyway...

I walked close to him, while I was listening the sound of a small waterfall somewhere in the garden, and felt the cold stones in my feet. When I finally faced him, something strange happened...

...first of all, I couldn't see his face. All I remember was seeing how he dressed with a light attire.

Secondly, I couldn't talk to him. It was like he was reading my mind and we were communicating mentally. It was a strange feeling because even I tried to open my mouth and speak, I found I couldn't even say a word. My mouth was sealed and no words came out no matter how hard I tried. It was like he had taken my voice away or simply the way he communicated with me was directly reading my thoughts and what I wanted to say from my brain.


This experience in the dream was quite impressive for me. I felt really uneasy not to be able to speak from my mouth for a while, but he asked me to calm down and when I did I realized we could communicate directly and that was a pleasant experience for me. I felt that my mind was totally open to him and whatever I would think, he would be able to know it instantly.

At that time, I felt I so much wanted to ask him so many questions and talk to him about a lof of issues. I was very curious to know about him, because I never expected I would meet Buda in my dream :)




He said to me, "You don't need to speak. I already know why you are here". I felt so calm down and peaceful then.


The sound of nature and the small river or waterfall surrounded me. I found myself in front of him, not being able to speak, just being able to see, but not even his face. I felt so quiet and relaxed, and then he told me, "follow me".

I absolutely trusted him. It was like feeling so peaceful that even the place didn't look as part of this world. Well it was a dream after all :)

Anyway, the last thing I remember is that we walked out of the garden and went to a small pathway going up to the mountain. I do not know where we were going to, all I remember on the dream was that I followed him, and he was leading the route. I was just walking behind him, I could see his sandals, a kind of spartan sandals, quite used. I remember his long monk dress, but unfortunately as I said before, in the dream he had no face, I couldn't even see it.


That's all I remember about it. When I woke up I felt so calm and easy. It was a pleasant wake up, really natural, felt so peaceful...



I remember I told my good friend Kan Kan in Thailand about the dream on that day, she told me it's very unusual for people to dream with Buda and it is a symbol of luck.



I do not know why, but I felt that dream was so real at that time and since then I appreciate it. The feeling of peacefulness was really amazing and I woke up so relieved and happy.


It was a sunny day brighting on when I woke up. I kind of felt there was another world after this life, and there are certainly things in our minds that we cannot control. I still remember very clearly every detail of the dream, every stone, every part of the garden and the temple.

Sometimes we can control the dreams, but most of the times we can't. Sometimes we wish dreams could turn real and our reality was just a dream.

There has been some other dreams I have had that I still remember. The one I wrote about today was very nice and pleasant, but the other one is not. I will just leave it for a next chance :)

I am leaving to Bangkok tonight to meet my spanish friends there. Will spend there a weekend, and then back to Kuala Lumpur on sunday night. I am looking forward to see them and share their opinions about asia, since they have been traveling to Cambodia, Vietnam and Malaysia. Let's wish they like it a lot and who knows, they may end up dreaming about a Buda too!